Wednesday 15 February 2017

You are my all-year-round Springtime

Hello my crafting friends!!

I hope this post, right in the beginning of a fresh week, finds you all in good spirits! :)

I am here to share with you a card made during this weekend, which features a Hanglar stamped image, coloured with Distress inks.


Actually there are two Hanglar stamps here: the bench, and the girl sitting on top. The weather here in Malta is quite Spring-mode lately, and this fact inspired me to choose Spring as my theme and make use of the lovely Maja Designs scraps of paper which I had - even if I had some scraps left from this sheet, they are too precious not to use - I wish I remember who had sent me these papers some years ago... I really wish I could thank them again! They are soo beautiful.



Distress colours I used on this image:

Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Hat and Top: Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Black Soot
Jacket and pants: Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot
Shoes: Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Hair: Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
Bench: Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone
Grass and Flowers: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, White Gel pen

On some of the corners I used a Stempelglede stamp, which I stamped using Weathered Wood DI, and on the bench one can also notice a wooden watering-can. I saw that it coordinates with the theme, therefore: why not? :)
 I distress it a bit with Walnut Stain, to give it that "oldish" used look.


Last, but not least I added some flowers, a beautiful Emily Atherton Enchanting Blossom die cut, which I embellished with blue gems and some bling using Stardust Stickles.


This is the decorated inside of the card... simple but effective :) Obviously using the last tiny bits remaining of the beautiful DP (did I mention that I looove Maja papers? lol) I pray often that our local craft shops fall in love with such brands like Maja, Pion, Magnolia etc... we do not get them here, that's why I get to treasure them a lot :) Anyway the sentiment is from a wooden backed stamp I have (it's been a while so I don't remember the brand name). The note opens up so that one can write any sentiment he/she wants.



Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, my friends. I really love to hear from you - thanks for those who take the time to leave comments, either here or on my Fb page (Cards by Rosette).


Some challenges for this one here,,,

Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia  #143 - Anything Goes
Dies R Us #67 - Think Spring
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge #Fantastic Florals
Word Art Wednesday  #270-2731 - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe #167 - No Red or Pink
Noor February Challenge - Have a Heart
Craft Heaven Shop  #17 - Love is All Around

Big hugs from me, and when you are out enjoying nature, think of the Him who created everything OUT OF LOVE for you and me :) Smile! He does not bring you just one flower on Valentine's Day, but creates a multitude of flowers for you to enjoy all year round!

Blessings xx

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rosette! I love the colors you chose to color it. Makes me wish Spring would hurry up and get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Susan :) We're having quite some warm days (compared to other years), but it's already half February, so it's only a month away now!! I hope you're keeping well dearest xxx

      Delete
  2. A lovely card and your colouring is super. So glad you joined us at Come And Get It, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Rosette, inside and out! I love your colouring and fabulous details. I tried to follow you, but it says I am forbidden.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina! I appreciate a lot your comment dear xx
      Forbidden?? Why?? Is it something from the settings?

      Delete
    2. Yay Rosette, I am a follower now, I don't know what the problem was, but it is sorted now.
      Have a lovely weekend.
      Gina xx

      Delete
    3. Wow what a beautiful card, with your two images and all of those scrummy layers, which look so beautiful together!!! So lovely to see your Hanglar images too sweetie!
      Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge. Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

      Delete
    4. Awww thanks Jay for your sweet comment! I'm glad you like it. Hanglars are too cute! Have a wonderful week. hugs, R

      Delete
  4. such a beauitful card, your coloring skills are amazing...a fabulous detailed card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa :) I really appreciate your words. It was a pleasure to be able to participate. hugs, R

      Delete
  5. This is stunning, Rosette. You have such talent, and I'm so very blessed to have you share your wonderful art with us. I love visiting your blog and seeing your wonderful creations. God bless your week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest Karen. May God bless you for the time you take to leave some love. Blessings. hugs, R

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you Monia dear :) Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!! Blessings

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty, pretty card! I love your cloring and your use of color, this should be in a frame! Thanks for joining in the challenge on Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny dear :) How sweet of you :) Will see what the recipient intends to do with it ;) But every handcrafted creation is a unique treasure after all :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card, Rosette. Love this beautifully colored image and the design, all the détails match perfect :) Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara for your sweet comment xxx It's a pleasure for me to find some time and play, especially with colouring and dies!!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete